Reading and Writing to Text Files?

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Most of the files I am saving to the DB is a lot of small text files. A lot of which need to be updated constantly. Is there currently a way to use stream writer to update a file already stored in the db?

Say I want to add a line of text to the end of a .TXT file already stored in the database, can i do that?

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:35 PM
I would also like to know the answer to this question.

Would be nice to be able to update "amend" new data to an already existing file in the Database, with out having to output it to another file to read, then store it back into DB and then delete the original file.

Would be much easier to just read in the file, amend new data and save it in the database.
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Hi,

In this version of FileDB I had no plans to add this feature. It´s not so dificul, but I'm working on a version 2 with a complete diferent solution. My goal is a data container like Amazon S3 storage, when you set Key (string), Stream data and metadata. Supports for key search (with StartWiths), store (insert/update) and delete. To do that, I´m changing file container structure (so, no compatible).
Aug 1, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Hi MdDavid,

Thanks for your reply,

When do you think Version 2.0 would be done?

Thanks,

Brian Davis
Coordinator
Aug 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Hi Brian, I'm currently working on another NoSQL database project, that will be serve as a basis for FileDB 2. My perspective is that by the end of this year can launch FileDB 2.

Regards,

Maurício David